Call for Scripts by Black & Latino Playwrights for Annual Texas State University Conference; Deadline March 15, 2016
Black and Latino Playwrights Conference, Texas State University, San Marcos, September 12 - 17, 2016
Call for scripts celebrating the voices of Black and Latino playwrights by workshopping new plays in collaboration with professional diretors, actors, and university students. Must be submitted by March 15, 2016. A script postmarked by the deadline date is aceptable. Play scripts may be delivered by regular mail, in person, or by e-mail. You will be notified by May 30, 2016 if your work has been selected.
- Only (un??--CTXLT)produced and unpublished scripts are eligible for consideration. No musicals.
- The scripts must be written by a Black or Latino playwright.
- The submission must include a synopsis and character list.
- Ther playwrights are expected to attend the rehearsals and at least one of the staged readings.
- Playwrights from across the country may submit scripts.
- Manuscripts must be typed in the standard play format and must include contact information.
- Include a stamped self-addressed envelope if you wish your manuscript returned.
Send manuscripts to:
Black and Latino Playwrights Conference
Department of Theatre and Dance
Texas State University
601 University Drive
San Marcos, TX 78666
or email to EL18@txstate.edu