||Assistant/Associate Professor of Directing
|Job Posting Number
||Department of Theatre & Dance
|The Department of Theater and Dance
at Texas State University seeks an Assistant Professor or Associate Professor of Directing starting fall 2024. New hire will join a nationally recognized department with a dynamic faculty dedicated to a collaborative and innovative approach to teaching undergraduate and graduate students.
- Teach and mentor undergraduate directing students
- Potential to teach graduate courses
- Occasional directing of departmental productions not to exceed one per year
- Maintain active record of professional scholarly and/or creative activity
- Serve as a member of the Directing Area comprised of three full-time directing faculty and six directing graduate students
- Serve as Undergraduate Directing Coordinator providing academic and career advice and mentorship to students enrolled in the Directing track of the BFA Performance & Production program
This position is subject to the availability of funds.
Required qualifications for Assistant Rank:
- MFA in Theater or equivalent terminal degree
- University teaching experience as a faculty member or graduate teaching assistant
- Recent professional and/or significant academic directing credits
Required qualifications for Associate Rank:
- 6+ years of full-time teaching experience
- 6+ year active record of professional and/or significant academic directing
- Active record of university and/or professional service
To be eligible for hire at the associate professor rank, the candidate must meet the requirements for that rank as established by the department. The successful applicant will receive the appropriate rank and title based on the university and College of Fine Arts and Communication established standards.
- MFA in Theater Directing
- University teaching experience in directing
- Organizational, management, and entrepreneurial skills
- Successful record of mentorship and advising
- Demonstrated record of collaborative abilities and collegiality
Only applications submitted through the Texas State University website will be accepted and considered: https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/44431.
For full consideration, please submit the following by January 7, 2024:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Portfolio (digital; websites accepted)
- Statement of Artistic Philosophy
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Unofficial Transcripts (all in one document)
The selected candidate will be required to provide official transcripts from all degree-granting universities.
|Proposed Start Date
|Evaluation of Applications Begins
|Full Consideration Date:
|Open Until Filled?
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
If you experience accessibility issues or require alternative formatting during the application process due to a disability or underlying condition, we request that you contact Talent Acquisition for assistance. A representative from Talent Acquisition
will respond to you as soon as possible.
|Record Checks and Verifications
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verification including, but not limited to, criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verification, reference checks, and employment eligibility verification.
|Eligibility for Employment
Proper documentation of identity and eligibility for employment will be required before the hiring process can be completed.
|Why Work at Texas State?
Texas State University is home to more than 38,000 students and 2,000 faculty members in the growing Austin-San Antonio corridor. A member of the Doctoral Universities: Higher Research Activity Carnegie classification, the university creates new knowledge, fosters cultural and economic development, and prepares its growing population of diverse students for the endless possibilities that await them as citizens of Texas, the nation, and the world.
Bolstered by research with relevance and innovation in creative and scholarly work in a full range of academic disciplines and a spirit of inclusiveness, Texas State seeks outstanding candidates for a variety of faculty positions.