RESCHEDULED: Auditions for Unity Theatre's BRIGHTON BEACH MEMOIRS, Brenham
Feb. 17 (2019)Auditions with Unity Theatre on Feb 17.
Unity Theatre in Brenham, TX, is holding auditions for their upcoming production of BRIGHTON BEACH MEMOIRS by Neil Simon, directed by Paul Gaffney.
BRIGHTON BEACH MEMOIRS auditions have been re-scheduled for Sunday, February 17th, starting at 12:30 pm. If you were previously scheduled for an audition slot, you will be contacted via email to reschedule. Otherwise, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a time. Thank you!
• Rehearsals will typically be held on Thursday and Friday nights and most of the weekend and will begin on May 16th, 2019. Please note that opening week we also rehearse Tuesday and Wednesday evening.
• The show will preview on Thursday, June 13th and open on Friday, June 14th, 2019. Performances will be June 13th – 30th, Thursdays at 7:30pm, Fridays & Saturdays at 8:00pm, and Sundays at 4pm (12 performances total over 3 weeks).
• Financial stipend and housing provided.
ROLES TO BE CAST: (please note that ages are approximate)
• EUGENE JEROME (almost 15) Obsessed with baseball and girls (not necessarily in that order), he dreams of playing for the Yankees, but would "settle" for being a writer. The Jerome family is based on Neil Simon's family, and Eugene is based on the playwright himself.
• JACOB "JACK" JEROME (mid-late 40's) Father of the Jerome family who feels the pressure of supporting an extended family by working two jobs. In addition, all family members turn to him for advice and answers. He is patient, but very weary.
• BLANCHE MORTON (late 30’s) Eugene's widowed aunt, she is Kate's younger sister, recently widowed, very indecisive, and dependent. She wants to have a life for herself and her daughters, but she does not know how or where to begin.
• STANLEY JEROME (18-19) Eugene's older brother. Due to financial reasons, must work a factory job, which he hates. He tries to temper Eugene’s passions while attempting to please his parents, but he struggles with feelings of being trapped.
• NORA MORTON (16) Eugene's older cousin, she is a very beautiful and ambitious young woman with dreams of Broadway. She is resentful of her younger sister who is pampered due to heart flutters, and angry at her father for leaving her with a weak mother.
• LAURIE MORTON (13) Eugene's younger cousin. She is a studious, yet quietly mischievous, girl who is all ears around the adult situations. She appears innocent, but she really has a grasp on what the others around her are “up to.”